Portugal is a European Union country with rich and diverse culture. It is popular among the world for its Mediterranean climate with sunshine for almost 300 days a year. It is a safe and secure country with very low crime rate. The country openly welcomes new residents and citizens in its multi-cultural vibrant society. There are few immigration programs which are popular among the citizens of Non-European Union countries which eventually lead to citizenship of Portugal. People prefer Portugal residency visa so that it can open the door of European Union countries to them for free travelling, working, residing etc.
Portugal citizenship by investment is eventual culmination of Portugal’s most popular immigration program popularly known as Golden visa Portugal. This immigration program is for wealthy investors of Non-European Union countries. This immigration program is for investor, his/her spouse, minor children up to the age of 18 years. Children who are over 18 years can also apply under this immigration program if they are financially dependent on the main applicant.
Golden visa Portugal or Golden Residence permit program is popular because of its easy eligibility criteria and its great benefits. Broadly, an applicant interested in this immigration program for him and his family needs to make any of the following investments for minimum of 5 years:
- The investor can deposit 1 Million Euro in a Portuguese bank for 5 years.
- The applicant can make a minimum investment of 280,000 Euros in a commercial or residential property of Portugal.
- An investment of 250,000 Euros towards preserving national heritages of Portugal.
- An investment of 350,000 Euros in Venture Capital (VC) funds etc.
There are few other investment opportunities available under Golden visa Portugal program.
Time frame and validity of Golden Residence permit program:
At the time of issuance of this visa to the applicant and his family members, it is valid for one year.
Subsequently, it is extended twice with two year extensions each time.
So, eventually this visa is valid for 5 years for the applicant and dependents or family.
Benefits of Golden Residence permit program:
- This immigration program is popular across the world, excluding European Union countries, because it can make the applicants and dependents eligible for Portugal’s passport after 5 years.
- Applicants have to stay 7 days a year for 5 years, so 35 days altogether in five year tenure.
- Applicants can live, work and study in Portugal during the validity period of the visa.
- Applicants can freely travel to Europe’s Schengen areas during the validity of this visa.
- The can avail Portugal’s attractive taxation systems.
This immigration program is also commonly known as Portugal citizenship by investment because primarily the investment is the only eligibility criteria and requirement. Portugal residency visa program has attracted significant investments in the country. It has pushed the economy and especially the country’s real estate industry.
Portugal citizenship by investment as it is popularly known will remain a popular Portugal residency visa program for wealthy investors across the world. Golden visa Portugal is popular for its easy eligibility criteria and requirement of minimum number of days (7 days a year) of stay during the tenure of 5 years.
Vazir Group – Immigration Consultant in Dubai
Address:- 27th Floor, The Oberoi Center – Dubai – United Arab Emirates